Thursday, January 3, 2013

The Dealer (The Collector)

The Dealer (The Collector)
(An artist painting a picture mysteriously drops dead in front of his canvas. Enter the dealer. He walks over to the easel and grabs the unfinished work.)

Dealer: Yoink!

Voice: In the art business, sometimes a dealer can't wait for an artist to die.

(A studio. Another artist is hard at work. Enter the dealer.)

Artist: Pierre! Good to see you!

Dealer: Hello, Paul. I've brought you a few things.

Artist: Art supplies! How thoughtful!

Dealer: Try the orange cadmium. It's striking.

Artist: I don't know how to thank you.

Dealer: When I look around this studio, I see that you already have. Well, I'm off.

Artist: Thanks again. (Exit dealer.) Orange cadmium. How delightfully modern. (He unscrews the cap and falls down dead. Re-enter the dealer. He gathers up all the paintings and exits.)

(A gallery. The dealer's event is interrupted by police officers.)

Dealer: What can I do for you?

Officer: We were just wondering why you've chosen Artists Who Died from Cyanide Poisoning as the theme for this show.

Dealer: I see. Can I get you officers something to drink? Coffee? Tea?
  
More Scripts Statements Songs
© 2007, 2013. Scripts by David Skerkowski. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment